As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities and world, Newell Brands strives to serve as a community partner and resource for households as they learn to adjust to the new normal of how they will live, learn, work and play. Across the world, our beloved brands offer a myriad of ways to stay connected and make memories as families and friends during these uncertain times.
Here are some ways you can stay organized, connected and keep the fun going while at home.
If You’re a New “At-Home Educator”
- Learn with STEAM: With Elmer’s glue in hand, the possibilities are endless! From density columns to penny spinners, parents can bring STEAM activities from the classroom to the kitchen table with the activities available on Elmers.com.
- Slime Time: While they are social distancing, kids can make slime and challenge their friends to do the same using Elmer’s glue or slime kits.
- School Snack Breaks: Snack and lunch breaks keep the day structured. Rubbermaid and Sistema food storage containers may be prepped in advance and even taken outdoors for a midday picnic.
- Setting Up Your New At-Home Classroom: Expo dry erase markers can turn a window or refrigerator into a whiteboard, colorful Paper Mate InkJoy Gel Pens make lessons more fun, and Sharpie markers and pens make great art tools.
If You’re Braving It Alone
- Send A Letter: Connect with an old friend the old-fashioned way using a favorite Paper Mate or Sharpie pen.
- Virtual Coffee Date: Had a coffee date in the schedule that you had to cancel? Make it virtual! Brew your favorite cup of joe with your Mr. Coffee coffeemaker, sip in style with your Contigo travel mug, and stay connected to those colleagues, family and friends.
- Virtual Happy Hours: After a long day in the home office, unwind with friends through virtual happy hours. Switch off, fill up a bubba with a favorite drink, and video chat with friends come Friday at 5 o’clock.
- Everything You Need to Set Up Your New Office: Set up a home office coffee corner with a Mr. Coffee mug warmer and coffeemaker, use a Dymo label maker for efficient printing and labeling at home, and light a Yankee Candle for a cozy office space.
If You’re Using This Time for Home Projects
- Pantry or Fridge Organization: While you’re at home, get ahead on spring cleaning and organize your household with the DYMO LabelManager® 160 handheld label maker, Ball® Jars and Rubbermaid Brilliance or FreshWorks containers.
If You’re a New Parent
- Exercising with Strollers: Strolling around the neighborhood is a great way to break up the day and get the family outside for some fresh air. Baby Jogger and Graco strollers are the perfect companions for strolls.
- One Pot Meals: Simplify dinnertime with a one pot meal in a Crock Pot slow cooker or an Express Crock. Find easy dinner inspiration on crock-pot.com.
- Baby Food Hacks: For a unique way to store baby food, try freezing it in Rubbermaid ice cube trays, then heat in Ball jars when baby is ready for mealtime.
If You Need to Keep the Family Entertained
- Bring the Campsite to Your Home: Get a head start on camping season! Pack your Coleman cooler with your family’s favorite snacks and beverages, pitch a tent in the backyard or your home’s indoor living area and indulge in everyone’s favorite fireside treat – S'mores.
- Try A DIY Project with Krazy Glue.
- Test out a new recipe: Make it a family cooking moment and try cooking a new recipe you’ve been wanting to try with Calphalon, Oster and Crock-Pot.
- Make hope permanent: Help spread positivity and #MakeMoreRainbows with Sharpie. Join the fun on Instagram and tag your rainbow photos with the hashtag #MakeMoreRainbows for a chance to be featured on Sharpie’s social channels.
- Invent your own Backyard Pool Games: Grab your Puddle Jumper and head to the backyard for some family swim time! Get creative and encourage your little ones to make up new pool time games.
If You Need “You Time”
- Try Your Hand at Journaling: Sharpie recently launched a new S-Gel pen, which is the perfect writing utensil to perfect your penmanship and collect your thoughts during this time at home.
- Time to Unpack Your Adult Coloring Supplies: For stress relief, use Prismacolor colored pencils and Sharpie markers for coloring.
- Unwind and Escape with Your Favorite Fragrance: Allow the notes of your favorite Yankee Candle and WoodWick Candle fragrances to transport you to a luxurious Pink Sands vacation or relaxing Lavender Spa day.
- Get Your Body Moving: Whether it is an online workout or a quick walk around the block, getting your body moving and staying hydrated with your Contigo water bottle can help de-stress.
- Self-Care: Working from home can blur the lines between personal time and office hours. Make sure to take care of your mind and body with Sunbeam Heat Therapy products.
We are proud to be here for our consumers during this challenging time. Let’s create more moments of joy together at home.