For the third year, the Newell Brands Charitable Foundation completed its Local Impact Grant Program, Newell’s signature philanthropic giving program which puts the power of giving in the hands of our employees.
Each year, employees in select locations are invited to participate in the program by nominating and voting for nonprofits that are near and dear to their hearts. Nominated nonprofits must meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify for a grant, including having a mission that aligns with one or more of our giving pillars: Child Safety & Development, Education, Hunger, Outdoor & the Environment and Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. The program enables us to make an impact in our local communities and support the organizations that are meaningful to our employees.
After a thorough and thoughtful review process, the Newell Brands Charitable Foundation is pleased to share this year’s Local Impact Grant Program recipients, chosen by employees in eight U.S. locations.
2021 Local Impact Grant Program Recipients:
- Angels & Sparrows – Huntersville, NC
- Atlanta Community Food Bank -- Atlanta, GA
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Atlanta – Atlanta, GA
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Franklin County -- South Deerfield/ Whately, MA
- Chicago Collegiate Inc. – Chicago/Aurora, IL
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – Atlanta, GA
- Food Bank of Western Massachusetts – South Deerfield/ Whately, MA
- Hoboken Shelter – Hoboken, NJ/Norwalk, CT
- Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes – Kalamazoo, MI
- Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter Inc. – Bentonville, AR
- Northern Illinois Food Bank – Chicago/Aurora, IL
- Ronald McDonald House of Winston Salem – High Point, NC
- The Community Center of Northern Westchester -- Hoboken, NJ/Norwalk, CT
- Veteran’s Empowerment Organization -- Atlanta, GA
In addition to providing grants, Newell Brands’ employee giving program, give@newell will augment our support of these organizations with volunteering and product donations. We look forward to continuing to expand this program in years to come.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn for updates on our partnerships with these incredible nonprofits and visit our Giving Back page to learn more about how we support our communities.